Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting Chickens, Yah....

Yah, were most likely going to get some chickens!!! Gonna keep em in my garden to eat bugs and lay eggs for us :D, actually maybe not in my garden, dont chickens eat everything. Im trying more and more to rely less and and less on the grocery store!. If only I had room for a dairy cow for milk and a cow to raise for beef. Also planning to get an apple tree and some grape vines and a replacement clementine and nectarine tree, the dog ate the first ones we got, rotten dog :D

Ok so maybe a strange reason to get excited but I am :D

4 comments:

~teachmom~ said...

There are a lot of chickens up here in the high desert,but because we live where we do, we can't have any "farm" animals. Darn, because our dog was bred to chase animals. ;) J/K. ;)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey, dh and I have talked about this off and on, too. The people down the road from us have chickens roaming in their yard, so I don't see why we couldn't do it,too. We have a strip of land that goes behind the neighbor's house...but I'm not too sure how he'd feel about it. LOL! DH had chickens growing up..and I've asked him over and over 'how hard is it to take care of them?' and he's like 'not hard, but you have to watch out for foxes, etc.' See, I'm soooo not good w/farm animals and dh is. ;) Anyway...GOOD LUCK!!! I wish we had more land and were in a more secluded location. We'd try the cow thing, too. ;)

NeaCakes said...

we grew up with chickens....and their poo is the nastiest. My dad hated those things. Ours laid brown eggs and as a kid that had only white eggs, it took a minute to get used to that! :)

Unknown said...

Cool!!!

I want to find out where to buy half a cow locally that's organic and hormone/pesticide free- but all our cows around here are dairy- darn CA dairy council LOL